A Room Service Cook will exceed the expectations of all guests in a multitude of tasks that include, but are not limited to, food prep, food and beverage room delivery, ordering Room Service supplies, maintaining Health Department Standards within your work area, fulfilling guest requests and room amenity preparation.
About our Company:
Transformed from a 1930’s ultra-modern motor court, Hotel San José is a 40-room urban bungalow-style hotel situated behind stucco walls amidst lush garden courtyards located on South Congress Avenue. Known as the quintessential Austin hotel experience, San José serves as a gathering place and community activity hub for locals and visitors alike with unique event programming (such the annual South x San Jose and Pet Parade) and nearby Jo’s Coffee – Lambert’s local coffee purveyor and coveted people-watching spot.
Hotel San José is proud to be a part of Bunkhouse, which is a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, and Jo’s Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas, The Phoenix in San Francisco, California, and Hotel San Cristobal in Baja, Mexico.
• Responsible for the morning coffee service
• Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage
• Prepare a variety of foods according to customers' orders, supervisors' instructions, and personal judgment and experience, following approved procedures (Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption, portion, arrange, garnish)
• Prepare and serve a variety of beverages such as coffee, tea, and including alcoholic beverages
• Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas
• Inspect food preparation and serving areas (including equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware) to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices
• Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
• Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
• Deliver all Room Service requests in a confident, professional and friendly manner
• Maintain a positive relationship with all employees and guests
• Open, secure and balance out shift banks to include the verification of all cash, credit card and room charge transactions during all shifts
• Maintain accuracy with all accounting and billing procedures
• Maintain high standards of cleanliness not only in your work area, but be of assistance in all public areas
• Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs
• Prep food items for after-hours distribution
• Assist in the development and implementation of special projects
• Ensure immediate response is given to any and all guest comments and concerns and inform immediate supervisor of concerns and assist implementing corrective measure when necessary
• Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, training material, memos and verbal instruction
• Ensure all calls are answered in a courteous, professional and efficient manner
Compensation & Benefits:
Bunkhouse offers competitive wages, a superior benefits and PTO package, and a liberal working environment that fosters individuality and creativity.
Bunkhouse Core Values:
• BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
• CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
• BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
• EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don’t always know where the road will lead, but we know that we’ll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
• LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED). College Degree preferred
• Six (6) months related experience in hospitality or service industry
Apply at www.bunkhousegroup.com or email your resume to Jen.email@example.com. Type ROOM SERVICE COOK in the subject line.