Provide fast and courteous beverage service to guests and ensure quality presentation per established standards. May also provide service of food from the restaurant and/or assist the Bartender with set-up and maintenance of appetizers or “happy hour” buffet.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Greet all guests and take beverage and food orders in a prompt and professional manner.
* Serve cocktails and/or menu items to bar guests; up-sell when taking orders.
* Perform pre- and post-shift side-work. Stock service station. Fold and stack cocktail napkins and prepare bowls of bar snacks.
* Record order on guest check and ring up on pre-check register or according to hotel procedures. Complete customer payment transactions according to cash and charge procedures.
* Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner. Clean and/or wipe down stools, tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirrors, and floors as necessary. Empty trash and ashtrays.
* Assist Bartender in preparation of fruits and garnishes; may assist Bartender in setup and replenishment of appetizers or “happy hour” buffet, if applicable.
* Monitor guest behavior and amount of alcohol consumption to determine when alcohol service to the guest should cease; notify management of incidents involving excessive alcohol consumption or impaired condition of customers; check identification whenever age of a guest requesting an alcoholic beverage service is questionable.
* Alert Management of any service and/or safety issues. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
* Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Coordinate with Bartender and kitchen for ordering and receipt of food and beverages.
* Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Basic reading, writing and math skills. Knowledge of liquor brands, beer, wine, champagne, non-alcoholic beverages, designated glassware, preparation methods and garnishments preferred. Must meet state legal age requirements. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
* Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds (bar ware, carts, boxes, bottles, etc)