Join our pastry team led by Melissa Carroll, an Austin Chronicle and CultureMap Tastemaker nominated Pastry Chef. She graduated with honors from the French Culinary Institute in California, worked her way through the culinary and fine art industries in her hometown of St. Louis, and later moved to Austin to be part of the opening pastry team at South Congress Hotel, led by James Beard nominated Pastry Chef Amanda Rockman. After two years, she transferred to help open New Waterloo's sister restaurant, Le Politique Brasserie and Patisserie. One of her greatest joys is working closely with her team to create a nurturing environment for her staff to grow in pastry knowledge, friendship, and work-ethic.
We are currently seeking a Baker at Le Politique to fill our AM Pastry Cook position!
For our AM Baker position, our ideal candidate has working knowledge of dough lamination, multi-tasks efficiently, and can stay organized throughout a busy work day. A usual day will consist of baking the pastries for our adjoining patisserie, making doughs, and laminating croissants. We are looking to fill 4 shifts per week, 4am-2pm.
- Previous professional pastry employment and/or culinary degree.
- Knowledge of classic French desserts and technique.
- Maintain a clean kitchen by consolidating product, putting away equipment cleaned correctly, completing cleaning list, and working clean.
- Complete prep list in a timely and organized fashion.
- Promotes cooperative effort, leadership by example, and a positive morale amongst employees.
- Make appropriate judgment calls under stressful situations.
- Be strong in time management and accuracy to deal with a variety of duties.
- Must have a flexible schedule, which may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com