Miraval Austin (formally Travaasa Experiential Resort) sits nestled in 210 acres of the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve overlooking beautiful Lake Travis and just 30 minutes from downtown Austin. Our property is currently undergoing extensive renovations, and will soon include 117 guest rooms, conference facilities, a beautifully-appointed restaurant with an exhibition kitchen and outdoor patio, full-service spa with infinity edge pool, fitness center, horse stables and covered arena, farm, a challenge course, and many other facilities and amenities available to our guests at this all-inclusive resort.
During our time of growth and expansion, we are seeking full time and part time Stewards to join our growing team and help us get ready for our re-opening in Fall 2018. A Steward or Dishwasher is primarily responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and storage of all hotel china, silverware, and cookware. This person must have good communication skills and have the ability to lift, pull and push a moderate amount of weight. Working in a team, you will support the Stewarding Lead in the day-to-day operations as well as support the team to achieve our purpose. On occasion, the Steward may be required to assist the chefs with bulk prep.
- Prepare tableware for washing, receive and collect tableware to be washed, remove food residue, sort crockery, glassware and silverware
- Ensure chemicals are properly maintained and their usage adheres to the safety standards stated by governmental authorities
- Safely operate cleaning machinery
- Clean and store operating equipment
- Maintain par stocks of all equipment and supplies
- Polish silverware using appropriate chemical, operating equipment and cloths
- Sort, stack dishes, and load/unload dish machine
- Sort, stack and store all cleaned items in an organized and safe manner
- Ensure all broken and chipped items are removed from circulation, reported and inventoried
- Ensure floors are dry and clean at all times
- Remove debris and trash to designated areas throughout shift
- Clean and sanitize all pots, pans, and dishes by hand and using dish machines
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Assist in cleaning employee dining room
- Assist in pick-up of glassware around property
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including all equipment and storage spaces
As part of the Hyatt and Miraval family, we offer a complete benefits package, including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance; 401(k); ESPP, and complementary and discount Hyatt nights.
Miraval associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it is career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
To Apply - http://search.hyatt.jobs/JobSearchResults.aspx?where=miraval&what=&Category=&LangID=1