This May, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa relaunches as a luxurious, relaxed retreat embodying the spirit and beauty of its home set in Austin’s Hill Country. Located just 20 minutes from downtown Austin, Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa offers newly designed guest rooms, seven unique dining concepts, four championship golf courses and all-new Mokara.
Barton Creek Resort & Spa's success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to maintain the company's trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged then this is the place for you.
• Health insurance
• Rideshare options
• Free staff parking
• Discounts at Omni Hotels & Resort internationally
• Tranquil work environment
• Competitive pay
$13.50+/hr – Entry Level
$14.50+/hr – Intermediate
$15.50+/hr – Experienced Cook
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is seeking Prep Cooks / Production Cooks to join our outstanding culinary team!
We are looking for motivated and energetic individuals who love contributing to a winning team. If you have line cook or prep cook experience in a hotel or restaurant environment, we would love to speak with you about this role.
If you love hospitality, creating amazing customer experiences, and the structure and benefits that come from working with a hotel company then you will love working with Omni! We are proud to announce that we are the highest rated hotel company on Glassdoor's 2019 Best Places to Work list!
• Part Time Production Cook 2 PM | Blind Salamander
• Production Cook 2 PM | Blind Salamander
• Part Time Production Cook 2 PM | Canyons Grill
• Part Time Production Cook 2 AM | Canyons Grill
• Production Cook 2 AM | Canyons Grill
• Production Cook 1 AM | Members Pool
• Production Cook 1 PM | Blind Salamander
• Part Time Production Cook 1 AM | Lakeside Arnie's
• Production Cook 1 AM | Canyons Grill
• Production Cook 1 PM | Member's Dining Room
• Pastry Cook, Experienced - Part Time
• Prep Cook / Production Cook 1, AM
• Cafeteria Production Cook
• Efficiently prepare all food items as directed by supervisor and to the company specifications, with limited supervision from management.
• The ability to identify and inspect all food products for quality.
• Follow all storage procedures when taking food out of walk-in and when returning food to walk-in.
• Safely and properly use all culinary equipment.
• Must have a solid and demonstrated understanding of cooking skills and techniques.
• Keep walk-in, prep area and equipment up to Health Department and EcoSure standards at all times.
• Required to have at least 2 years culinary experience in a hotel or restaurant kitchen.
• Must be familiar weights and measures in order to follow and multiply standard recipes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills.
• Must have basic mathematical skills.
• The ability to work in a fast paced high pressure work environment while executing delegated tasks and assignments.
• Culinary degree and/or formal training preferred.
• Texas Food Handlers certification required.
• Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry moderate weight. Must be able to walk/stand for extended periods of time, with frequent bending and twisting. Must be able to utilize culinary tools (knives, commercial equipment, etc.) and taste/smell.
• Interior of hotel in restaurant and kitchen areas with exposure to humidity, steam and extreme temperatures.
• Exposure to hazardous cleaning chemicals.
Tools & Equipment:
• Cooking utensils and equipment.
JOB FAIR SCHEDULE
Wednesday, May 1: 9am–7pm
Friday, May 3: 9am–7pm
Saturday, May4: 8am–2pm
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
8212 Barton Club Dr, Austin,TX 78735
FREE Parking Available!
**Please apply online at OmniHotels.com/Careers **