Texas Coffee Traders 1400 E 4th St management $15 full_time Monday-Thursday: 6am-2pm, Sunday: 8am-2pm, Occasional Fridays/Saturdays 25 Sep 2018
Texas Coffee Traders is an artisanal coffee roaster and local specialist in all things coffee. Texas Coffee Traders’ food program provides high quality, freshly made sandwiches, soups, salads and more to our outposts on the University of Texas campus and beyond.
We are currently looking for a professional, upbeat and energetic production chef to assist in managing our small, quirky kitchen. This is a full-time, hourly position, but hours may be less than 40 a week during seasonal slow periods. Must be able to work early morning and Sunday shifts. Some holidays are required. Must have high school diploma and current Texas Food Handlers Certification. Culinary school is a plus but not required.
This job primarily consists of ensuring that highest standards of kitchen productions and operations are met while fostering a positive work environment of outstanding teamwork and mutual respect.
Applicants are expected to:
* Be reliable and punctual
* Task focused, deadline driven, and detail oriented
* Have Strong Interpersonal skills, as team player as well as independently
* Ability to take direction and accept constructive criticism for improvement
* Excellent organizational skills
* Perform a variety of tasks from simple to complex; no problem with dirty work
* Have flexibility to increase or reduce work hours on a weekly basis as business warrants
* Ability to communicate via phone, text, and email
* Have a passion for food and comfortable working in a commercial kitchen environment
We are looking for people to join our kitchen family long term with at least a 1-year commitment to this position.
Please email a cover letter with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.