Bar Manager is responsible for all aspects of daily operations for the bar and bar staff, often working alongside the brewer to coordinate in-house beer releases and beverage programming. The Bar Manager also works with in conjunction with the brewer, chef, and GM to create exciting seasonal drink programming as it pertains to the message and ethos of The Brewer’s Table. Responsibilities include quality control, cost control, guest satisfaction, employee management, and facility maintenance. Additional tasks include five management shifts per week, inventory, and product research and menu development.
- Sound knowledge of quality food & beverage operations; including thorough understanding of philosophies and aesthetic.
- Competent understanding of restaurant cost control and financial analysis.
- Ability to check cost control reports and form action plans based on goals set by ownership.
- Physical stamina, proper mental attitude and the ability to deal effectively with guests, management, employees and outside contacts in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and the required organizational and time management skills needed to work under pressure, ensure efficiency and meet deadlines.
- Typing, word processing and spreadsheet skills.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to effectively manage subordinate staff and bar program.
- Intimate understanding of beer, wine, and liquor
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- College education or equivalent, hotel or business administration degree preferred.
- At least three years experience in hospitality management.
- Fine dining background preferred.
- Experience in high volume dining preferred.
- Hospitality-related technological proficiency required.
- Candidate must be aware of Management functions and have the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel and guests.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Communicate effectively in English, both in oral and written form.
- Draft system experience, including cleaning and maintenance, preferred.
- Cicerone Certification is a bonus.
Please forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Qualified candidates will be interviewed to determine a proper fit.