About the Job and Team:
Become a part of an experienced and established team in a scratch bakery. Our creative pastry team takes pride in making an impressive array of pastries and Austin’s finest cakes in-house, daily. Learn and develop your skills in a team of culinary artists led by Executive Pastry Chef, Tony Sansalone.
The Lead Pastry Cook requires good communication skills as well as at least two years of previous line experience. A Culinary degree or related restaurant experience preferred. Candidates should be able to perform all basic and intermediate cooking skills. This person may be required to give direction in the supervisor's absence. This position requires morning, weekend, and holiday availability.
About our Hotel and Restaurant:
Built in 1886 as a showpiece for Cattle Baron, Jesse Driskill, the Driskill is a legend in Texas hospitality. The hotel is known throughout Austin for its elite level of service and luxurious accommodations.
The 1886 Café & Bakery is one of the premier Downtown Austin restaurants. Located at the busy corner of Sixth and Brazos streets in Downtown Austin, it remains the social gathering place for visitors and locals alike looking for delicious traditional Texas comfort foods that combine time-honored traditions with contemporary preparation.
• Career Growth and Advancement Opportunities
• Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision Insurance
• $1,000/yr for Educational Assistance
• Discounted Downtown Parking Options & Heavily Reduced Bus Passes
• Discounted Room Nights
• Free Meals in the Staff Cafeteria
• Sick & Vacation Time
• Paid Holidays
• Flexible Schedules
• Good communication skills.
• 2 years of previous line experience preferred.
• Culinary degree or related restaurant experience is preferred.
• Candidates should be able to perform all basic and intermediate cooking skills.
• Requires moderate supervision and training.
• Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
• A positive attitude and passion for teamwork and creativity.
***PLEASE APPLY ONLINE at https://careers.hyatt.com/en-US/careers/jobdetails/10780/AUS004214 to view qualifications and be considered. For any questions, please call HR at 512-391-7172.